Belongs to following categories: Utility, ULC6.0, UltraLightClient '08,
This utility class improves ULC's built in lazy loading feature.
The main disadvantage of ULC's current lazy loading implementation is the fact that it always requires an extra server round trip to fetch the data.
This has the following drawbacks:
- a significant delay over slow networks
- twice as many round trips as necessary
- intial data is blank as it is lazily fetched with an an extra round trip
- updated data first becomes blank as it is lazily fetched with an extra round trip
How to use
Register the provided EagerLoadingHandler
as round trip listener. That's all!
- UltraLightClient 6.0: JDK 1.4.2
- UltraLightClient 2008: JDK 1.4.2, JDK 1.5, JDK 1.6, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OSX
Project setup with Eclipse
The project contains all necessary Eclipse project files and can be directly imported from the repository.
The classpath in this project contains a entry named ULC Library, which locates the needed
UltraLightClient libraries. For to use the ULC Library entry you have to install the Eclipse Java IDE Integration
Plug-in that can be found at : ULC Integration Feature
A installation guide how to install plug-ins in Eclipse can be found
at the Eclipse help pages: Workbench User Guide > Tasks > Updating and